I have lived in Utah about a year now, and I usually feel I know what to expect. I know what Utah is, all its many shades of color—the good, the bad and the ugly. In some ways I feel secure, safe and grounded when expectations are clear, but it can also be dull and dreary. It’s like someone ruining the end of a good book. So this morning, as I ran in the unseasonable rain, I was thrilled to discover something I didn’t know about Utah. We have snails, and lots of them; some are even gargantuan in size. Snails in the desert, who knew? It makes me wonder what else I don’t know about Utah, what other surprises lay in store. This might seem obvious, that you can’t ever really know a place, that there is always something to learn, but to me it was a warm and fuzzy revelation that left me smiling all the way home.
Where won’t you find the fast, invigorating pace of New York City, but discover the possibility of even more? Only in Utah…
Upcoming entry: It takes a village...to raise an adult.
Monday, September 1, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
what is the difference between a snail and a slug--is it just the shell? because i have seen slugs in UT, but ne'er a snail...so, CONGRATULATIONS! YOU DID IT!!! The world's first snail sighting in UT!!!
As always, i'm very impressed that you went jogging, and in the rain, nonetheless!!
I've been meaning to post and tell you how much I like the "Upcoming Entries" a la Arrested Development. Very nice work!
Post a Comment